- Title: Israeli troops kill Palestinian during West Bank clashes
- Date: 6th February 2020
- Summary: JENIN, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 6, 2020) (REUTERS) DIGGER DEMOLISHING HOME OF PALESTINIAN INVOLVED IN 2018 KILLING OF JEWISH SETTLER FIRE BURNING IN STREET PALESTINIAN YOUTH THROWING STONES AT ISRAELI TROOPS, FLEEING MORE OF PALESTINIAN YOUTH THROWING STONES MORE ISRAELI DIGGER DEMOLISHING PALESTINIAN HOME NIGHT VIEW OF JENIN WITH DIGGER DEMOLISHING HOME, AUDIO OF FIRE EXCHANGE VARIOUS OF HOME DEMOLITION TROOPS ENTERING HOUSE WITH SHADOW OF DIGGER ON BUILDING VARIOUS OF DIGGER DESTROYING HOUSE AS TROOPS GATHERED ON SITE VARIOUS OF PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS CARRYING BODY OF PALESTINIAN WHO WAS KILLED DURING CLASHES (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) JAMAL ABU TABIKH, UNCLE OF DECEASED PALESTINIAN, SAYING: "They took a decision to demolish the house of Ahmad al-Qunbor. Young men went out to the streets, the same way they do with every demolition that takes place and clashes started and the Israelis started to shoot, the occupation bullets are shot towards everyone so he was shot in his right chest." MAN MOURNING OVER BODY
- Embargoed: 20th February 2020 07:38
- Keywords: Israel Palestinian killed in Jenin clashes Palestinians West Bank house demolition
- Location: JENIN, WEST BANK
- City: JENIN, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001BZH67GN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC WARNING
Israeli troops killed a 19-year-old Palestinian in the West Bank early on Thursday (February 6) during clashes in the city of Jenin, Palestinians said.
The Israeli army said the clashes broke when the army, backed by border police, demolished the home of a Palestinian who was involved in the 2018 killing of a Jewish settler.
Troops opened fire at Palestinians who shot and threw bombs at them in Jenin, the army spokesman said.
The deceased's uncle told Reuters his nephew was shot in the chest.
In a separate incident, described by police as a suspected Palestinian attack, a car ran down and injured 12 Israeli soldiers and two other people in Jerusalem before fleeing, Israeli military and medical officials said.
Long-simmering Palestinian unrest has been stoked anew by anger at U.S. President Donald Trump's plan for peace with Israel, unveiled last week in Washington.
(Production: Ashraf Shawesh, Suheir Sheikh, Lee Marzel)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None