- Title: Palestinian protester killed in unrest over U.S. Mideast plan
- Date: 7th February 2020
- Summary: TULKAREM, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 7, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PALESTINIAN MEN CRYING OUTSIDE MORGUE VARIOUS OF PARAMEDICS AND MEN MOVING BODY OF PALESTINIAN PROTESTER WHO WAS SHOT DEAD MEN GATHERED AROUND BODY MAN CRYING MEN KISSING BODY OF KILLED PROTESTER EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 21st February 2020 18:16
- Keywords: Israel Palestinian killed clashes mourners
- Location: TULKAREM, WEST BANK
- City: TULKAREM, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001BZM76TJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Mourners paid their respects after a protester was killed in the West Bank on Friday (February 7), as violence erupted after U.S. President Donald Trump unveiled a Middle East Peace plan that Palestinians rejected as one sided.
Groups of men gathered at the morgue where the Palestinian protester, named locally as Badr Ahmed Nafla, was brought after being shot dead earlier in the day.
Palestinian protesters and Israeli security forces have repeatedly clashed since the peace proposals were unveiled by Trump, with Israel's prime minister at his side.
Friday's killing raised the Palestinian death toll to four. Israelis have been wounded.
President Mahmoud Abbas's Palestinian Authority has rejected Trump's peace plan, which would give Israel most of what it has sought during decades of conflict, including the disputed holy city of Jerusalem and nearly all the occupied land on which it has built settlements.
(Production: Ashraf Abu Shawish, Suheir Sheikh, Rosalind Church)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None