- Title: Palestinians rally in support of Abbas, anti Trump
- Date: 11th February 2020
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) PALESTINIAN RESIDENT FROM RAMALLAH, MOHAMMED AL HABI, SAYING: "There are no words left to say what is seen happening on the ground here, the deal of the century topic should not even be discussed after today. The people's attendance here is a strong evidence that Palestinians reject the deal of the century." GAZA CITY, GAZA (FEBRUARY 11, 2020) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS HOLDING PALESTINIAN FLAGS WALKING ALONG DURING RALLY LITTLE BOY HOLDING POSTER WITH ABBAS ON IT
- Embargoed: 25th February 2020 16:37
- Keywords: Abbas Gaza Israel Palestinians Trump U.S. West Bank
- Location: AL-BIREH, RAMALLAH, HEBRON, WEST BANK / GAZA CITY, GAZA
- City: AL-BIREH, RAMALLAH, HEBRON, WEST BANK / GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA006C065IRR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinians held rallies across multiple cities on Tuesday (February 11) to support Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas who has refused to back the U.S. Middle East peace plan.
Abbas appeared before the United Nations Security Council on Tuesday, angrily rejecting U.S. President Donald Trump's Middle East peace proposal as a gift to Israel and unacceptable to Palestinians.
Palestinians across Hebron, Ramallah and Gaza City marched against the peace plan.
In Al-Bireh, protesters burned tyres and hurled stones at Israeli troops who responded with tear gas .
U.S. President Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan, unveiled on January 28, envisages Israel keeping key swathes of the occupied territory where Palestinians seek statehood.
The Palestinians, for their part, have rejected the Trump plan as a non-starter.
(Production: Saed Hawari, Ismael Khader, Arafat Barbakh, Yosri al-Jammal, Mohammad Shana, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh, Suheir Sheikh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None