- Title: Coronavirus fears dampen Holi celebrations in India
- Date: 9th March 2020
- Summary: VARANASI, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (MARCH 9, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) MEN SINGING SONG ABOUT CORONAVIRUS PEOPLE FILMING VARIOUS OF MEN SINGING
- Keywords: Agra Chandigarh China Holi India Lucknow Uttar Pradesh colours coronavirus fear festival health herbal colours masks
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4BWU9Z
- Location: VARANASI, PUNJAB, AGRA AND LUCKNOW, INDIA
- City: VARANASI, PUNJAB, AGRA AND LUCKNOW, INDIA
- Country: India
- Duration: 00:00:35
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Story Text: India geared up to celebrate the Hindu festival of Holi on Monday (March 9) as the health ministry reported 42 cases of the coronavirus in the country.
The coronavirus has quickly spread to dozens of countries, killing more than 3,000 people and disrupting global business supply chains.
One shopkeeper in Lucknow said the number of customers had decreased by at least 50 percent due to the virus, and that some were concerned the colours used for Holi were being imported from China.
Indian authorities have recently increased screenings at airports and border crossings, and are urging citizens to avoid large crowds.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a tweet last week that he would not attend Holi celebrations.
(Production: Rosalind Church)
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:23rd March 2020 13:25
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.