- Title: India sends special flight to evacuate citizens from coronavirus-hit Iran
- Date: 9th March 2020
- Summary: GHAZIABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (MARCH 09, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** NIGHT SHOTS OF INDIAN AIR FORCE'S C-17 GLOBEMASTER TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT AT NORTHERN GHAZIABAD CITY'S HINDON AIRPORT TO BRING BACK INDIAN CITIZENS STUCK IN CORONAVIRUS-HIT IRAN VARIOUS OF AIRCRAFT VARIOUS OF AIRFORCE OFFICIALS WHO WILL BE FLYING TO IRAN STANDING AIRCRAFT ON RUNWAY (SOUNDBITE) (English) WING COMMANDER, KARAN KAPOOR, SAYING: "The Indian Air Force has been tasked to undertake a humanitarian assistance mission to airlift our fellow Indians out of Tehran (capital of Iran) due to the existing coronavirus situation at Iran. The strategic heavy-lift aircraft of the Indian Air Force, the C-17 Globemaster has been tasked for this missionâ€¦ and will be proceeding to execute this mission tonight." AIRCRAFT ON RUNWAY
- Keywords: Ghaziabad India Indian Air Force Iran Tehran Uttar Pradesh aircraft citizens coronavirus flight quarantine
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4BWZTB
- Location: GHAZIABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- City: GHAZIABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Duration: 00:01:18
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text:India on Monday (March 09) sent a special flight to evacuate its citizens from coronavirus-hit Iran.
Indian Air Force's C-17 Globemaster transport aircraft carrying medical facilities to quarantine the passengers took off from northern Ghaziabad city on Monday at around 8:30 p.m. (1500 GMT).
The aircraft carrying the passengers will return back to India on Tuesday (March 10) at around 9:30 a.m. (0400 GMT).
The passengers arriving from Iran will be quarantined in a special facility set up at Hindon Air Force Station in Ghaziabad city, 50 km from Delhi.
The coronavirus, which was identified in China late last year, has quickly spread to dozens of countries, killing nearly 3,000 people and disrupting global business supply chains.
The number of infections rose to 43 in India, said health ministry on Monday.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:23rd March 2020 17:25
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None