- Title: Buenos Aires suspending performances, sport events over coronavirus
- Date: 12th March 2020
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (MARCH 12, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF AMBULANCE TRAIN ARRIVING PASSENGERS GETTING ON AND OFF CITY TRAIN EXTERIOR OF THE BUENOS AIRES MUSEUM OF LATIN AMERICAN ART (MALBA), CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO CORONAVIRUS CONCERNS SIGN FOR MALBA VARIOUS OF SIGN ON DOOR OF MALBA EXPLAINING DECISION TO CLOSE TOURISTS OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM OF THE BOCA JUNIORS SOCCER CLUB IMAGE OF SOCCER PLAYER ON EXTERIOR OF BOCA JUNIORS SOCCER CLUB MUSEUM MAN READING SIGN POSTED OUTSIDE CLUB MUSEUM MAN TAKING PICTURE OF SIGN CLOSE-UP OF SIGN
- Keywords: COVID-19 WHO city of Buenos Aires measures pandemic performances sport events
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4R0DON
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA / INTERNET
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA / INTERNET
- Country: Argentina
- Duration: 00:01:05
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: Buenos Aires joined many of the world's cities on Thursday (March 12) by canceling performances and sporting events in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.
The decision was part of a wave of measures taken by the municipal government, including "restricting all activities of a high concentration of people that are not essential for the normal operation of the city."
Museums were temporarily shuttered while the Lollapalooza Music Festival was postponed and CONMEBOL requested that FIFA postpone World Cup qualifiers for South America.
Argentina has so far registered 21 cases of coronavirus and one death.
(Production: Horacio Soria / Miguel Lo Bianco)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:26th March 2020 18:12
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None