- Title: Several injured in U.S. air strikes in Iraq
- Date: 13th March 2020
- Summary: HILLA, IRAQ (MARCH 13, 2020) (REUTERS) DOCTOR TREATING INJURED MAN INJURED MAN WITH BANDAGED HEAD DOCTOR LOOKING AT X-RAY INJURED MAN BEING TENDED TO MAN WITH STITCHES ON CHIN MONITOR SHOWING BLOOD PRESSURE DOCTOR TREATING PATIENT VARIOUS OF PEOPLE CROWDED PATIENTS' BEDS DOCTOR SIGN READING (Arabic, English) ''HILLA TEACHING HOSPITAL'' EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL
- Keywords: Iran Iraq U.S. air strikes United States air strikes rocket attack
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4W0LDZ
- Location: HILLA, IRAQ
- City: HILLA, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Duration: 00:01:01
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Story Text:Iraq's military condemned overnight U.S. airstrikes on Friday (March 13), saying they had killed six people and describing them as a violation of sovereignty and a targeted aggression against the nation's formal armed forces.
The United States said it carried out the series of strikes on Thursday (March 12) against an Iran-backed militia in Iraq that it blamed for a rocket attack a day earlier that killed two American troops and a British soldier.
The Pentagon said the strikes targeted five weapons stores used by Kataib Hezbollah fighters, including facilities housing arms used in past attacks on U.S.-led coalition troops.
The Iraqi military statement said that no paramilitary fighters had been killed. It said three soldiers, two policemen and one civilian were killed, according to an initial toll, and that the wounded included four soldiers, two policemen, a civilian and five militiamen.
(Production: Maher Nazeh, Mohammed Katfan)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th March 2020 16:36
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None