- Title: Coronavirus - Close to 800 new cases in France
- Date: 13th March 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 13, 2020) (REUTERS) FRENCH HEALTH MINISTER OLIVIER VERAN ARRIVING FOR NEWS BRIEFING SIGN FOR NEWS BRIEFING ON CORONAVIRUS (SOUNDBITE) (French) FRENCH HEALTH MINISTER, OLIVIER VERAN, SAYING: "It (the epidemic) is progressing everywhere. It is progressing also in our country. We today have 3661 sick people, that's close to 800 more than yesterday. So far 79 people have died, 154 patients are in a serious condition, particularly in intensive care units. Allow me to extend my thoughts for those patients who are fighting the disease, for their relatives and the medical staff who are caring for them night and day." VARIOUS OF BRIEFING TAKING PLACE VERAN LEAVING ROOM WITHOUT TAKING QUESTIONS
- Keywords: COVID-21 France cases Veran coronavirus outbreak
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4W0Y13
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:01:20
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: Nearly 800 new coronavirus cases were confirmed on Friday (March 13) in the last 24 hours in France with a total of 3,661 cases, Health Minister Olivier Veran told a news briefing.
France, similarly to other European countries is stepping up measures to try and slow the epidemic by closing schools and universities and banning gatherings larger than 100 people.
French President Macron however said on Thursday mayoral elections would still take place on March 15 and March 22.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th March 2020 20:04
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None