- Title: Indonesia steps up disinfection to curb virus spread
- Date: 13th March 2020
- Summary: JAKARTA, INDONESIA (MARCH 12, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF DISINFECTING ACTIVITY AT GAMBIR RAILWAY STATION VARIOUS OF POSTERS READING (Bahasa Indonesia) "WASH YOUR HAND BEFORE AND AFTER TAKING TRAIN" TWO WORKERS SPRAYING STATION'S WALL WORKERS SPRAYING DISINFECTANT ON STAIRS VARIOUS OF DISINFECTANT BEING SPRAYED AT WAITING ROOM AREAS STATION LOBBY SECURITY PERSONNEL CLOSING GATE
- Keywords: Coronavirus Indonesia Joko Widodo disinfectant mosque public
- Reuters ID: LVA003C4VVTXJ
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Duration: 00:00:57
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indonesia stepped up prevention measures on Friday (March 13) to stop the spread of coronavirus, disinfecting mosques and transport hubs as the country recorded two deaths due to the virus.
Former Indonesian vide president and head of the Indonesia Mosque Council, Jusuf Kalla, said 2 million litres were being distributed to disinfect 10,000 mosques around the archipelago. He urged worshippers to bring their own prayer mats or a cloth to put their foreheads on when praying.
President Joko Widodo, inspected disinfection activities at the airport. On Thursday (March 12) workers in protective suits sanitised a station.
(Production: Heru Asprihanto, Masako Iijima)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th March 2020 10:27
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None