- Title: Indonesia steps up disinfection to curb virus spread
- Date: 13th March 2020
- Summary: JAKARTA, INDONESIA (MARCH 13, 2020) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF WORKER WITH PROTECTIVE SUIT SPRAYING IN FRONT OF JAMI' AL-MUNAWWAR MOSQUE FORMER INDONESIA VICE PRESIDENT, JUSUF KALLA, HEAD OF INDONESIA MOSQUE COUNCIL (DMI) INSPECTING DISINFECTING PROCESS (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia), HEAD OF DMI, JUSUF KALLA, SAYING: "This is such a big activity. We will be giving out 2 million litres of carbolic solution so we can reach 10,000 mosques in Indonesia." VARIOUS OF PEOPLE PRAYING IN FRONT OF CARBOLIC SOLUTION (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia), HEAD OF DMI, JUSUF KALLA, SAYING: "Bring your own prayer mat when you go to the mosque! There is no cost, you only have to carry it to the mosque. Wash it after a few days. If not a praying mat, bring a special cloth, for (protecting) your face." VARIOUS MAN WEARING PROTECTIVE SUIT SPRAYING DISINFECTANT INSIDE MOSQUE VARIOUS MAN WEARING PROTECTIVE SUIT SPRAYING DISINFECTANT INSIDE WASHING ROOM INDONESIAN PRESIDENT, JOKO WIDODO, MINISTER OF STATE-OWNED ENTERPRISES, ERIC THOHIR, AND MINISTER OF HEALTH, TERAWAN PUTRANTO ENTERING MOSQUE VARIOUS OF WIDODO, THOHIR LOOKING AND TALKING VARIOUS OF WORKERS IN PROTECTIVE SUITS IN MOSQUE MAN WEARING PROTECTIVE SUIT ENTERING THE MOSQUE VARIOUS DISINFECTANT BEING SPRAYED INSIDE THE MOSQUE (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) MINISTER OF HEALTH, TERAWAN PUTRANTO, SAYING: "These are preventive programs that we will keep doing at places where people gather and worship, we will do sterilise and disinfect so it's clean so (people) can worship solemnly and comfortably. The appeal to people who are sick to not come is correct," MEDIA SURROUNDING PUTRANTO VARIOUS OF WORKER SPRAYING AIR VENTILATION AREA OF ISTIQLAL GRAND MOSQUE WORKERS SPRAYING STAIRS INDONESIA PRESIDENT, JOKO WIDODO AT SOEKARNO HATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WITH WORKERS WITH DISINFECTANT
- Keywords: Coronavirus Indonesia Joko Widodo disinfectant mosque public
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4VVTXJ
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Duration: 00:02:59
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indonesia stepped up prevention measures on Friday (March 13) to stop the spread of coronavirus, disinfecting mosques and transport hubs as the country recorded two deaths due to the virus.
Former Indonesian vide president and head of the Indonesia Mosque Council, Jusuf Kalla, said 2 million litres were being distributed to disinfect 10,000 mosques around the archipelago. He urged worshippers to bring their own prayer mats or a cloth to put their foreheads on when praying.
President Joko Widodo, inspected disinfection activities at the airport. On Thursday (March 12) workers in protective suits sanitised a station.
(Production: Heru Asprihanto, Masako Iijima)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th March 2020 10:27
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None