- Title: Dog's Tale - husky waits for its owner outside every day
- Date: 13th March 2020
- Summary: KALININGRAD, RUSSIA (MARCH 9-12, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HUSKY (NO NAME GIVEN) WAITING FOR ITS OWNER OUTSIDE OFFICE BUILDING HANDWRITTEN NOTE READING (Russian) 'THIS DOG IS NOT ABANDONED! IT IS WAITING FOR IT'S OWNER WHO IS AT WORK! LOYALLY AND TRUSTILY. IT IS NOT HUNGRY' VARIOUS OF HUSKY WAITING (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) OFFICE WORKER, ANASTASIYA SAVELIEVA, SAYING: "At first it was a bit (strange situation) for me, I did not get it. But then it became normal. It is a husky, I believe it is not being cold. So now I think it is normal and do not pay attention. Besides its owner is a nice person, I see her when she walks the dog." VARIOUS OF OFFICE WORKER DMITRY BONDAREV PETTING DOG (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) EMPLOYEE, DMITRY BONDAREV, SAYING: "Some people thought - how come its owner left it here, alone? But then the note appeared by the dog (place), explaining that it feels well. So people got used to it." VARIOUS OF HUSKY WAITING PEOPLE ENTERING OFFICE BUILDING AND COMING OUT HUSKY WAITING VIEW OF OFFICE BUILDING DOG'S OWNER SVETLANA KUTASHEVA COMING DOWNSTAIRS HUSKY GREETING ITS OWNER / KUTASHEVA PETTING DOG KUTASHEVA HUGGING DOG HUSKY EATING KUTASHEVA FEEDING HUSKY (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) DOG'S OWNER, SVETLANA KUTASHEVA, SAYING: "I leave food for him and if I am around - he eats. But if I left - even if there is food in his place, he does not eat it. Of principle, in my despite. 'Oh, you left me so I will not eat anything' - sounds like this." KUTASHEVA UNTYING DOG'S LEASH KUTASHEVA AND HUSKY LEAVING KUTASHEVA AND HUSKY WALKING ALONG STREET CARS DRIVING ACROSS BRIDGE HUSKY WALKING ACROSS BRIDGE CARS DRIVING BY KUTASHEVA LET OFF THE LEASH / DOG RUNNING INTO PARK HUSKY RUNNING IN PARK HUSKY SITTING DOWN / KUTASHEVA TALKING TO DOG VARIOUS OF KUTASHEVA TALKING TO DOG DOG RUNNING AWAY (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) DOG'S OWNER, SVETLANA KUTASHEVA, SAYING: "At first, I took him with me because I could not leave him, felt pity for him. Then he destroyed my apartment, it took him 40 minutes." (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) DOG'S OWNER, SVETLANA KUTASHEVA, SAYING: "We used to have a balcony with a door always open. He kept on begging (to go out into the balcony), he was sitting there with his father - we had two dogs back then. And they were sitting outside all day long. So I realized that he feels uncomfortable inside. And in fact, what the difference, where to wait for me? At home under lock and key - or near you mommy, so she can go out and pet you, or anybody else come and play with him, feed him etc." HUSKY LOOKING ON (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) DOG'S OWNER, SVETLANA KUTASHEVA, SAYING: "He is not alone there. There are CCTV cameras (on the building), and I go out every hour. At work, we are allowed to have 10 minutes break every hour - not only me, all of us. Some people use it to have a smoke and so on. Instead of lunch break, instead of doing some errands (SPEAKING TO DOG) - Stop it! - I run out to feed him or walk him, to check if he is okay." KUTASHEVA AND HUSKY IN PARK VARIOUS OF KUTASHEVA'S HOUSE VIEWS HUSKY LAYING OF FLOOR AT HOME, HUSKY HOWLING / KUTASHEVA SITTING AT SOFA, TALKING TO DOG HUSKY HOWLING KUTASHEVA, HER SON AND BOYFRIEND SITTING ON SOFA / SVETLANA PETTING HUSKY / HUSKY SNIFFING CAMERA HUSKY COMING AT ITS BOWL, DRINKING WATER (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) DOG'S OWNER SON, ALEXEI KUTASHEV, SAYING: "(Reporter: How do you and the dog share your mom?) - We do not. (Question: So do you compete for her attention?) - Yes, one can say that." KUTASHEVA PUTTING COLLAR ON DOG / WALKING DOG OUT OF FLAT
- Keywords: Kaliningrad Russia Russian Hachiko animals dogs husky
- Reuters ID: LVA001C4VXRG9
- Location: KALININGRAD, RUSSIA
- City: KALININGRAD, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Duration: 00:06:17
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Story Text: Every working day residents of Kaliningrad can see the same picture: a sad husky on a leash sitting patiently near an office building, waiting for its owner, Svetlana Kutasheva.
Kutasheva believes it is better for her pet than sitting at home alone.
The dog feels uncomfortable when staying inside and gets destructive, says Kutasheva so she decided to take it to work every day.
Kutasheva refused to tell the name of her dog fearing somebody might kidnap it while she is in office.
She leaves some food and water for the dog and checks it up every hour, a small break from work that her colleagues use for smoking or to just have a breath of fresh air.
Employees working in the same building at first had mixed feelings about this form of a dog daycare, but later they got used to it. Some of them pet the husky and play with it during their breaks.
One of the office workers, Anastasiya Savelieva told Reuters TV that she believed the dog was not cold since huskies cope with chilly weathers well.
To award the husky for patience and faithfulness, Kutasheva takes it for a long walk in the local park after the shift is over.
(Production: Zhanna Meyler, Tatiana Gomozova)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th March 2020 12:42
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None