- Title: India evacuates over 200 citizens from coronavirus-hit Italy
- Date: 15th March 2020
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (MARCH 15, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (HD) BUS CARRYING EVACUATED INDIANS FROM ITALY, COMING OUT OF INDIRA GANDHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WOMAN WEARING MASK SEEN FROM BUS WINDOW EXTERIOR OF INDO-TIBETAN BORDER POLICE (ITBP) CAMP WHERE ISOLATION FACILITY IS CREATED FOR EVACUATED INDIANS WHO WILL STAY THERE FOR NEXT 14 DAYS SIGNBOARD READING NAME OF LOCATION IN HINDI AND ENGLISH VARIOUS OF BUSES CARRYING INDIANS FROM ITALY GOING INTO THE QUARANTINE FACILITY
- Keywords: Covid-19 India Indian Army Indo-Tibetan Border Police Iran Italy Milan New Delhi coronavirus
- Reuters ID: LVA002C55VOSV
- Location: NEW DELHI/ JAISALMER, RAJASTHAN, INDIA/INTERNET
- City: NEW DELHI/ JAISALMER, RAJASTHAN, INDIA/INTERNET
- Country: India
- Duration: 00:01:51
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: PART QUALITY AS INCOMING
A special flight carrying 218 more Indian citizens evacuated from Italy landed in New Delhi on Sunday (March 15) morning.
India, which has a population of 1.3 billion, has so far reported just 107 confirmed cases of the virus, lower than other countries in Asia, Europe and North America.
India is leading the global drive in evacuating its citizens and the citizens of other friendly neighbours from countries suffering the worst from the coronavirus outbreak including China, Iran, and Italy.
More than 134,500 people have been infected globally and more than 5,000 have died because of the flu-like virus.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:29th March 2020 09:40
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None