- Title: India reports second death from coronavirus; four suspected cases flee hospital
- Date: 14th March 2020
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (MARCH 14, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VEHICLES ENTERING RAM MANOHAR LOHIA HOSPITAL NOTICE BOARD READING (English/Hindi): 'CORONAVIRUS SCREENING CENTER SITUATED BEHIND TRAUMA CENTER ENTRY THROUGH GATE NO.5' SECURITY GUARD WEARING MASK LOOKING ON BOARD READING (English/Hindi): 'EMERGENCY CARE SERVICES DR. RAM MANOHAR LOHIA HOSPITAL' PEOPLE BUYING MEDICINES AT CHEMIST SHOP WOMAN WEARING MASK WALKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) CARDIOLOGIST AND FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, KK. AGGARWAL, SAYING: "In India, the mortality is two of out of 80 cases which is as per international standards. Both the cases have comorbid conditions." NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (MARCH 14, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) EXTERIOR OF INDIRA GANDHI GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL SECURITY PERSONNEL WEARING MASKS STANDING OUTSIDE CASUALTY BUILDING OF HOSPITAL (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) NAGPUR POLICE OFFICIAL, SUB-INSPECTOR SACHIN SURYAVANSHI, SAYING: "After enquiring, we got to know that the five persons left the ward claiming they wanted to go out and have tea and breakfast. One of them turned out to be negative (for coronavirus) but the other four also left." VARIOUS OF POLICE STATION
- Keywords: India Nagpur New Delhi contagion coronavirus death hospital pandemic virus
- Reuters ID: LVA001C50WBWV
- Location: NEW DELHI/NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI/NAGPUR, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Duration: 00:01:19
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: India reported its second death from coronavirus, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said on Friday (March 13).
The patient was a 68-year-old woman with diabetes and hypertension and died in the country's capital New Delhi.
India, which has a population of 1.3 billion, has so far reported just 82 confirmed cases of the virus, lower than other countries in Asia, Europe and North America.
A 76-year-old man from Karnataka state was the first person to die from the virus in India, authorities said.
Meanwhile, four Covid-19 suspects escaped from isolation ward of Mayo Hospital in western Nagpur city.
The police said they have traced them and were in communication with them. The patients told police that they had some issue with Mayo Hospital administration.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:28th March 2020 09:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None