- Title: South Korea disinfects a town for the poor amid coronavirus outbreak
- Date: 16th March 2020
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (MARCH 16, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SOUTH KOREAN VOLUNTEER WORKERS IN PROTECTIVE SUITS DISINFECTING ALLEYWAY BETWEEN CUBICLE ROOMS MAN WEARING FACE MASK SITTING HAND SANITIZER HANGING ON WALL AND SIGN READING (Korean): "COVID-19 PREVENTION HAND SANITIZER" HAND SANITIZER HANGING ON WALL SOUTH KOREAN WORKER IN PROTECTIVE SUIT DISINFECTING ENTRANCE OF CUBICLE ROOM SOUTH KOREAN WORKER IN PROTECTIVE SUIT DISINFECTING CORRIDOR SHOES LAYING ON FLOOR SOUTH KOREAN WORKER IN PROTECTIVE SUIT DISINFECTING CORRIDOR AND DOOR SOUTH KOREAN WORKERS IN PROTECTIVE SUITS DISINFECTING OUTSIDE OF BUILDING / PRINTOUTS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION ATTACHED ON WALL MAN WEARING FACE MASK SWEEPING IN FRONT OF HOUSE SOUTH KOREAN WORKERS IN PROTECTIVE SUITS DISINFECTING ALLEYWAY
- Keywords: Seoul South Korea coronavirus disinfection the poor town
- Reuters ID: LVA001C5AUXQF
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Duration: 00:01:10
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text:Volunteers from South Korea's disinfection association made a disinfection operation on Monday (March 16) in a town for the poor in Seoul.
The volunteer workers in protective suits and face masks sprayed disinfectants on floors of narrow alleyways in the town composed with small and rusty cubicle rooms used by the poorest of the Seoul people.
The country reported 74 new coronavirus infections on Monday (March 16), slightly lower than a day ago, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).
The KCDC also reported that 303 more patients had fully recovered and had been released from care. A total of 1,137 people has recovered and been released so far.
(Production: Kim Hong-ji, Minwoo Park, Heejung Jung)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:30th March 2020 07:48
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None