- Title: Mexico installs inflatable hospital to treat coronavirus cases
- Date: 19th March 2020
- Summary: PACHUCA, HIDALGO, MEXICO (MARCH 18, 2020) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF INFLATABLE HOSPITAL INSTALLED IN PACHUCA POLICE OFFICERS GUARDING THE HOSPITAL AND HOLDING BOTTLES OF HAND GEL SCREEN OF A HEART MONITOR MEDICAL HEALTH WORKERS WEARING FACE MASKS INSIDE INFLATABLE HOSPITAL HALL OF INFLATABLE HOSPITAL WOMAN CLEANING INTERIOR OF HOSPITAL WOMAN CLEANING INTERIOR OF HOSPITAL AND WORKERS WEARING PROTECTIVE CLOTHES WORKER WEARING PROTECTIVE CLOTHES (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) HIDALGO GOVERNOR, OMAR FAYAD, SAYING: "We have installed it to attend to cases of acute respiratory infections, to avoid contaminating the state hospital network and not to distract the operation of this network. The more we contain the contagion we prevent hospitals from becoming centers of infection and at the same time we act so that the hospital network does not collapse in a moment of crisis. " VARIOUS OF HOSPITAL BEDS HEART MONITORS AND BREATHING MACHINES MEDICAL WORKERS LEAVING INTENSIVE CARE UNIT AND WEARING PROTECTIVE CLOTHES (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) HIDALGO GOVERNOR, OMAR FAYAD, SAYING: "This (hospital) is completely safe and sanitized. It is safe in all aspects, that there is no doubt that the virus is going to be around the hospital, because it has the necessary systems to keep the hospital safe, with adequate sanitization."
- Embargoed: 2nd April 2020 17:01
- Keywords: Covid-19 Hidalgo Mexico coronavirus health inflatable hospital
- Location: PACHUCA, HIDALGO, MEXICO
- City: PACHUCA, HIDALGO, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001C5PYHXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: An inflatable hospital to attend to coronavirus cases was installed on Wednesday (March 18) in the city of Pachuca in central Mexico.
The hospital is Spanish-made and has the capacity to serve up to 50 patients and has an intensive care unit.
Hidalgo Governor Omar Fayad said the hospital was installed to prevent the collapse of the state's hospital network.
As of Wednesday (March 18) Mexico had reported 180 cases of coronavirus and one death, but in the state of Hidalgo there are no positive cases.
(Production: Josue Gonzalez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None