- Title: France coronavirus deaths reach 562, up by 112
- Date: 22nd March 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MARCH 22, 2020) (REUTERS) NEARLY EMPTY CHAMPS ELYSEES CONCORDE SQUARE WITH NO TRAFFIC PERSON RUNNING ON STREET / EIFFEL TOWER FOUNTAINS IN CONCORDE SQUARE WITH FRENCH NATIONAL ASSEMBLY IN BACKGROUND FRENCH PARLIAMENT / POLICE VAN DRIVING PAST CYCLIST IN CONCORDE CONCORDE OBELISK EMPTY STREET EMPTY MARKET SQUARE DOG WITH LEASH WRAPPED AROUND TREE OWNER OF DOG WALKING TOWARDS IT (SOUNDBITE) (French) LOCAL RESIDENT, HELENE, SAYING: "Today is a bit strange. I'm on my own with my dog but I'm doing well, I try to organise, I talk to my friends over the phone to give some news. I've just bought paper, I'm doing a bit of shopping, I have my authorisation, my ID on me and I see that police checks are intensifying, that the city has changed over the past two days. At first it was quite relaxed but it's getting stricter and it's a good thing." (SOUNDBITE) (French) LOCAL RESIDENT, HELENE, SAYING: "I'll be reading my newspaper, I do more and more house keeping each day to do a bit of exercise and I go out regularly with my dog, but it's a lot about the computer, watching the news, talking to friends and there you go." SHOPS BUTCHERS' VARIOUS OF LOCAL RESIDENTS QUEUING OUTSIDE SHOP WOMAN WALKING AWAY WITH BAGUETTE
- Keywords: COVID-19 Coronavirus France deaths epidemic
- Reuters ID: LVA001C64VJGN
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:02:31
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: France observed its sixth day of lockdown on Sunday (March 22) leaving the streets of Paris deserted.
France reported 112 new deaths on Saturday (March 21) due to the virus, taking the total to 562.
France implemented a lockdown on Tuesday (March 17), obliging people to stay at home except for specific reasons such as buying basic necessities and seeking medical care.
(Production: Lucien Libert, Thierry Chiarello)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:5th April 2020 11:57
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None