- Title: Spanish opera singer Placido Domingo tests positive for coronavirus
- Date: 22nd March 2020
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - MAY 11, 2018) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY** SPANISH TENOR, PLACIDO DOMINGO, POSING FOR PHOTO WITH CREATOR AND PRODUCERS OF HUNGARIAN-INVENTED CLASSICAL MUSIC TALENT SHOW 'VIRTUOSOS' DOMINGO WITH PIANIST, MISI BOROS VARIOUS OF DOMINGO SIGNING AGREEMENT WITH VIRTUOSOS HOLDING LTD DOMINGO SPEAKING TO REPORTER HAVANA, CUBA (FILE - NOVEMBER 24, 2016) (REUTERS) SPANISH TENOR, PLACIDO DOMINGO, GREETING CUBAN NATIONAL BALLET DIRECTOR, ALICIA ALONSO, AT THE GREAT HAVANA THEATRE VARIOUS OF DOMINGO APPROACHING MEDIA VARIOUS OF DOMINGO SPEAKING TO MEDIA
- Keywords: Placido Domingo coronavrius test
- Reuters ID: LVA001C64WCP3
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / HAVANA, CUBA
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES / HAVANA, CUBA
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:01:18
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Health/Medicine
- Story Text:Spanish opera singer Placido Domingo said on Sunday (March 22) he had tested positive for coronavirus and had gone into self isolation with his family.
"We are currently all in good health but I developed a cough and a fever and decided to get tested, and the result came back positive," Domingo wrote on Facebook.
Spain is struggling to contain Europe's second worst outbreak of the coronavirus after Italy, with over 28,000 cases and more than 1,700 deaths, according to the Health Ministry.
Previously one of the opera world's most feted artists, Domingo's reputation is now in tatters after an investigation by the American Guild of Musical Artists concluded he had behaved inappropriately with female performers.
The singer has publicly apologized to the women who accused him of sexual harassment.
(Production: Edward Baran)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:5th April 2020 19:59
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None