- Title: Lisbon's empty streets due to coronavirus seen from air
- Date: 23rd March 2020
- Summary: LISBON, PORTUGAL (MARCH 23, 2020) (REUTERS) (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF BELEM TOWER BELEM TOWER ENTRANCE TO BELEM TOWER SIGN READING (Portuguese and English): "The Belem tower is closed to visitors" (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF BELEM TOWER BELEM TOWER / EMPTY ENTRANCE (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF BELEM TOWER / EMPTY ROADS EMPTY PRACA DO COMERCIO SQUARE (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF EMPTY PRACA DO COMERCIO SQUARE FEW PEOPLE WALKING IN LISBON DOWN TOWN (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF MARQUES DE POMBAL SQUARE FEW CARS PASSING BY MARQUES DE POMBAL SQUARE (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF MARQUES DE POMBAL SQUARE FEW CARS PASSING BY MARQUES DE POMBAL SQUARE (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF MARQUES DE POMBAL SQUARE (MUTE) DRONE FOOTAGE OF LISBON
- Keywords: Lisbon streets coronavirus epidemic coronavirus in Portugal
- Reuters ID: LVA001C69XRUV
- Location: LISBON, PORTUGAL
- City: LISBON, PORTUGAL
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:02:55
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: Lisbon's streets and famous landmarks were almost empty on Monday (March 23) after the government sent several appeals for people to stay at home to stem the outbreak of coronavirus.
Portugal has 2,060 confirmed cases with 23 reported deaths. Despite these figures are far below other southern European countries like Italy and Spain, Portugal declared a state of emergency last week to combat the spread of the virus.
Under the emergency, it closed all non-essential businesses and implemented capacity restrictions for those remaining open.
The health ministry expects cases of the virus to rise exponentially until at least the end of April.
(Production: Miguel Pereira)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th April 2020 19:04
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None