- Title: Coronavirus patients treated in new Rome hospital
- Date: 24th March 2020
- Summary: ROME, ITALY (MARCH 24, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF WHITE-SUITED MEDICAL WORKERS CLOSE TO PATIENTS IN BED, FILMED THROUGH WINDOW VARIOUS OF PATIENT TUBED UP TO MACHINES UNMOVING IN BED WHITE-SUITED MEDICAL STAFF MEDICAL TEAM GESTICULATING TO EACH OTHER ABOUT WHAT TO DO WITH PATIENT LYING IN BED BEHIND
- Keywords: Coronavirus cases Rome hospital lockdown volunteer groups
- Reuters ID: LVA001C6EW6RR
- Location: ROME, ITALY
- City: ROME, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Duration: 00:01:07
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine,Editors' Choice
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: CONTAINS GRAPHIC MATERIAL
White-suited medical staff wearing face protectors, masks and gloves hovered around the beds of coronavirus patients in intensive care on Tuesday (March 24), one of Rome's newly adapted clinics in the country's fight against the coronavirus.
The Casalpalocco Hospital or Covid 3 as it is known, has recently been turned over to the exclusive treatment of virus sufferers. Patients in the ward were tubed up to machines and unmoving.
Medical staff gesticulated to each other as they tried to communicate within the ward, clearly communication being difficult whilst wearing all the protective equipment.
The hospital has 30 beds available in intensive care with another 68 available for before and after care.
Italy is struggling with the numbers of sick during the virus epidemic so far the total number of confirmed cases in Italy rose to 63,927 on Monday (March 23) from a previous 59,138, an increase of 8%, the Civil Protection Agency said.
(Production: Guglielmo Mangiapane, Gabriele Pileri, Eleanor Biles)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th April 2020 11:28
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None