- Title: Ford teams up with 3M, GE, UAW to make respirators, ventilators, face shields
- Date: 24th March 2020
- Summary: DEARBORN, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES (MARCH 24, 2020) (REUTERS VIA SKYPE) (SOUNDBITE) (English) FORD MOTOR ENTERPRISE PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT VICE PRESIDENT, JIM BAUMBICK, SAYING: "Although we're focusing in the short run both 3M and GE Healthcare and getting the most out of their systems, but we're recognizing that we may need additional capacity in preparing a number of our locations to be able to actually produce, either a sub-assemble or assemble this type of equipment for each of the various projects that we're working on."
- Keywords: 3M COVID-19 Ford Motor GE Healthcare coronavirus medical equipment for healthcare workers plastic face shields
- Reuters ID: LVA006C6EXDFR
- Location: DEARBORN, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES
- City: DEARBORN, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:23
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: Ford is working with 3M and GE Healthcare to make medical equipment for healthcare workers, such as redesigned 3M Powered Air-Purifying Respirators (PAPRs), and simplified version of GE Healthcare's ventilators for patients, Ford said on Tuesday (March 24).
The company also said it's working with the United Auto Workers to ramp up production of plastic face shields using 3D printing.
Ford will assemble more than 100,000 of them per week to help medical professionals, factory workers, and store clerks.
Ford is also 3D printing disposable respirators for healthcare workers.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th April 2020 18:20
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None