"If I get corona, I get corona": Miami spring-breaker issues apology over viral commentsRecord ID: 1465748
- Title: "If I get corona, I get corona": Miami spring-breaker issues apology over viral comments
- Date: 25th March 2020
- Summary: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (RECENT - MARCH 17, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SPRING-BREAKER BRADY SLUDER AND FRIENDS PARTYING ON MIAMI'S SOUTH BEACH (SOUNDBITE) (English) BRADY SLUDER, SPRING-BREAKER FROM OHIO, SAYING: "If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I'm not going to let it stop me from partying. You know, I've been waiting, we've been waiting for Miami spring break for a while, about two months we've had this trip planned, two or three months, and we are just out here having a good time. And whatever happens, happens. With the bars being closed, you know, we'll find alternatives. Unfortunately, it does suck that the bars and restaurants are closed, but we'll find ways to have fun." VIEW OF COCKTAIL WITH TWO BOTTLES OF CORONA BEER IN IT VARIOUS OF SLUDER'S FRIENDS PARTYING ON SOUTH BEACH
- Keywords: I get corona Miami Spring Break coronavirus if I get corona
- Reuters ID: LVA001C6JUEKN
- Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES/INTERNET
- City: MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES/INTERNET
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:48
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: An Ohio spring-breaker, whose comments on the coronavirus went viral after he brushed off the health risks of the virus saying "if I get corona, I get corona," has issued an apology.
Brady Sluder was partying with his friends on Miami's South Beach on March 17 when he made the now infamous comments to a Reuters news crew.
Sluder's comments on coronavirus, in which he also said "I'm not going to let it stop me from partying'", drew condemnation on social media where they were viewed by millions.
In a statement posted to his instagram account on March 22, Sluder apologized, saying: "I wasn't aware of the severity of my actions."
(Production: Omar Younis)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:8th April 2020 01:40
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None