- Title: Kids keep fit in lockdown with online trainer Joe Wicks
- Date: 24th March 2020
- Summary: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (MARCH 23, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BRITISH SCHOOLCHILDREN, ALICE AND JOSEPH WILKINSON WORKING OUT TO 'THE BODY COACH', TRAINER JOE WICKS WHILE WATCHING HIM ON HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL AT HOME DURING CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN
- Keywords: Joe Wicks P.E. class coronavirus keeping fit kids lockdown workout
- Reuters ID: LVA001C6EX00P
- Location: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 00:01:31
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Human-Led Feature,Human-Led Stories
- Story Text: Sports lessons may be on hold for many UK schoolchildren in home lockdown during coronavirus, but there is still one way to keep fit.
Many youngsters and their family members are tuning in to 'The Body Coach', trainer Joe Wick's YouTube channel to do their daily workout.
The British trainer began his "P.E with Joe" half-an-hour sessions on Monday March 23 at 0900GMT, and he has since seen over 3.7 million views for this first lesson, with nearly 2 million for his second on March 24.
As schoolkids, Alice and Joseph Wilkinson have found out, a little stretching, bending and jogging on the spot first thing sets them up for a day of home school.
Wicks' new TV channel normally posts weekly workouts targeting adults to help "burn fat" and "get fitter", according to its YouTube channel.
In these uncertain times, a new and much younger audience has been born.
(Production: Phil Noble, Lisa Giles-Keddie)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th April 2020 16:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None