- Title: A vespa ride around empty Milan in week five of lockdown
- Date: 5th April 2020
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (APRIL 4, 2020) (REUTERS) VESPA RIDE PAST MILAN CATHEDRAL ON EMPTY STREETS WITH NO PEOPLE AROUND VESPA RIDE PAST DESERTED MILAN GALLERY / SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS CLOSED VESPA RIDE ON EMPTY STREETS AND TRAM PASSING BY VARIOUS OF MILAN EMPTY STREETS MAN WEARING PROTECTIVE MASK CROSSING STREET / EMPTY STREETS
- Keywords: COVID-19 Cathedral Coronavirus outbreak Gallery Italy Milan empty streets pandemic quarantine vespa ride
- Reuters ID: LVA001C87SHTZ
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- City: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Duration: 00:01:32
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text:A Vespa ride on Saturday (April 4) showed the streets of financial capital Milan completely deserted, as Italy enters its fifth week under lockdown.
Milan's Duomo square, normally one of the city's most popular attractions, remains eerily deserted. All shops are closed in the famous Galleria, usually stormed by tourists and Milan residents alike.
With more than 15,000 dead, Italy has the world's highest death toll from the COVID-19 disease, accounting on its own for almost a quarter of all deaths globally. But the government is also grappling with the economic devastation caused by the sudden halt to business across the country.
(Production: Daniele Mascolo, Oriana Boselli, Alessandro Felici)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:19th April 2020 13:52
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None