- Title: UK PM Johnson admitted to hospital with coronavirus symptoms
- Date: 5th April 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - JULY 14, 2016) (REUTERS) NEWSPAPER PAGE INSIDE "THE SUN" WITH HEADLINE READING (English): "BOJO BACK" NEWSPAPER PAGE INSIDE "THE DAILY MAIL" WITH HEADLINE READING (English): "BORIS, LAZARUS OF POLITICS, IS BACK FROM THE DEAD" HEADLINE AT BOTTOM OF FRONT PAGE OF "THE DAILY EXPRESS" READING (English): "SHOCK AS BORIS JOHNSON NAMED FOREIGN SECRETARY"
- Keywords: Boris Johnson Brexit Britain EU Europe UK UK PM Johnson admitted to hospital conservative party leader foreign secretary parliament prime minister
- Reuters ID: LVA009C87T7WN
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 00:00:21
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital for tests on Sunday after showing persistent symptoms of the coronavirus, ten days after testing positive for the virus.
The following statement was issued by his office:
"On the advice of his doctor, the Prime Minister has tonight been admitted to hospital for tests.
"This is a precautionary step, as the Prime Minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus ten days after testing positive for the virus.
"The Prime Minister thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work and urges the public to continue to follow the Government's advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives."
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:19th April 2020 22:10
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains images from newspapers or magazines. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.