- Title: New Delhi seals new coronavirus hotspots to curb virus spread
- Date: 11th April 2020
- Summary: SCREEN
- Keywords: India New Delhi Noida coronavirus drone health hotspots sanitisation
- Reuters ID: LVA002C91Q0Y7
- Location: NEW DELHI/NOIDA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI/NOIDA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Duration: 00:00:05
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: Authorities in Indian capital of New Delhi sealed few more coronavirus hotspots in a bid to sanitise the areas and prevent further spread of the deadly disease that has infected over 7,000 people and killed at least 239 in the country.
As many as 30 areas including Chandni Mahal, Moti Nagar, Nabi Karim in the capital have been sealed, where essential commodities and services will be provided to people at their homes. Door to door sampling will also be done by medical officials.
Policemen stood on guard as barricades were placed on roads to prevent people from moving the sealed areas on Saturday (April 11).
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi imposed a 21-day lockdown that is scheduled to end on Tuesday (April 11). However, the lockdown is expected to be extended with the number of cases rising each day, said media reports.
At least two Indian states - Odisha in the east and Punjab in the north - have decided to extend the lockdown until April end.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th April 2020 10:39
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.