Spanish health staff and family bid final farewell to nurse who died of coronavirusRecord ID: 1468970
- Title: Spanish health staff and family bid final farewell to nurse who died of coronavirus
- Date: 11th April 2020
- Summary: LEGANES, SPAIN (APRIL 11, 2020) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF SEVERO OCHOA HOSPITAL BANNER HANGING FROM BALCONY READING (Spanish) "Esteban. Always with us" NURSE'S SCRUBS AND RIBBONS PASTED ON WINDOW HEARSE OUTSIDE HOSPITAL AND FAMILY OF LATE NURSE WAITING FOR COFFIN VARIOUS OF HEALTH STAFF APPLAUDING OUTSIDE HOSPITAL HEALTH STAFF CRYING NURSE'S SCRUBS ON WINDOW HEALTH STAFF OUTSIDE HOSPITAL HEALTH STAFF WEARING SUIT AND MAN WALKING INSIDE HOSPITAL SIGN FOR EMERGENCY UNIT MADRID, SPAIN (APRIL 11, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WEARING GLOVES WAITING AT BUS STOP WOMAN WALKING WITH DOGS ON EMPTY STREET SIGN ON BALCONY READING (Spanish) "PUBLIC HEALTH" VARIOUS OF COMPLETELY EMPTY STREETS MAN HANDLING DUVET AT BALCONY MAN WEARING MASK WALKING WOMAN ON SCOOTER, EMPTY BRIDGE VARIOUS OF PEOPLE QUEUING OUTSIDE SUPERMARKET MAN WEARING MASK AND GLOVES INSIDE SUPERMARKET WOMAN CARRYING BAGS PEOPLE'S FEET AT QUEUE SECURITY STAFF AT ENTRANCE OF STORE MAN WITH MASK / ELDERLY MAN COVERING FACE AND MOUTH WITH SCARF PEOPLE WITH MASKS QUEUING ELDERLY WALKING OUT OF QUEUE AND INTO STORE LEAD BY SECURITY STAFF MEN WEARING MASKS QUEUING CLEANING SERVICE SPRAYING DISINFECTANT OUTSIDE PHARMACY WOMAN AT BALCONY
- Keywords: Madrid Severo Ochoa hospital coronavirus in Spain health staff supermarkets
- Reuters ID: LVA001C91PA2V
- Location: LEGANES AND MADRID, SPAIN
- City: LEGANES AND MADRID, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:03:06
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: Health workers in Spain's Leganes paid an emotional tribute on Saturday (April 11) to a nurse who died after contracting coronavirus.
Staff at Severo Ochoa hospital in the Madrid region, bid a tearful farewell and applauded as the family of the 57-year-old nurse, identified only as 'Esteban', waited for his coffin.
"A hero is gone. Esteban, operating room nurse at hospital's ICU. He had 57 years," the hospital said in a tweet on Friday (April 10).
State broadcaster TVE reported that 29 health staff have died in the country because of coronavirus since the outbreak started.
Spain's daily coronavirus death toll fell for the third day in a row on Saturday after 510 fatalities were reported in the past 24 hours, the health ministry said in a statement, marking the smallest overnight increase since March 23.
Total fatalities from the virus rose to 16,353, from 15,843 on Friday, the ministry said, while the number of confirmed cases climbed to 161,852 from 157,022.
(Production: Raul Cadenas, Julien Hennequin, Miguel Gutierrez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th April 2020 11:30
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None