- Title: Chelsea say ex-boss Vialli given all-clear in pancreatic cancer battle
- Date: 13th April 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - JUNE 17, 1996) (REUTERS) (CONVERTED 4:3 MATERIAL) ***WARNING:CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VIALLI HOLDING UP NUMBER 9 JERSEY NEXT TO THEN CHELSEA PLAYER-MANAGER, RUUD GULLIT, AFTER VIALLI SIGNED WITH THE CLUB VIALLI DURING NEWS CONFERENCE VIALLI SPEAKING TO MEDIA (NOT A SOUNDBITE) MORE OF VIALLI WITH MEDIA AFTER SIGNING
- Keywords: Former Chelsea manager Gianluca Vialli Italy Premier League all-clear pancreatic cancer
- Reuters ID: LVA003C9BRLFJ
- Location: AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / INTERNET
- City: AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / INTERNET
- Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 00:00:33
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Sport
- Story Text: Former Chelsea manager Gianluca Vialli has been given the all-clear from doctors following a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer, the Premier League club said on Monday (April 13).
It was the former Italy and Juventus striker's second bout with the deadly disease, having announced in November 2018 that he had recovered from a secret year-long cancer fight.
"Gianluca Vialli has been given the all-clear following a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. Amazing news," Chelsea said on Twitter.
Vialli, 55, made his name at Sampdoria before spending four years at Juventus where he won the Champions League in 1996.
He then joined Chelsea, scoring 48 goals in 78 appearances for the London club before becoming their manager.
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th April 2020 17:35
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None