- Title: Health staff pay tribute to collegue who passed away from coronavirus in Madrid
- Date: 13th April 2020
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) NURSING ASSISTANT AT SEVERO OCHOA HOSPITAL, MARIA ARROYO, SAYING: "We try to work with as much unity as possible, it is true that we are already exhausted because we have been with these patients for a month, we have worked many hours, working with this equipment is very difficult, we end up with marks on the face, sore, tired. It is a physical and mental stress that we can not stand and often shows and makes a mark in the team, but it is true that we try to be and work as closely as possible, because otherwise the work would not be possible." VARIOUS OF HEALTH STAFF DURING MINUTE OF SILENCE IN MEMORIAL OF NURSE VARIOUS OF HEALTH STAFF, POLICE AND MILITARY CLAPPING VARIOUS OF HEATH STAFF HUGGING EACH OTHER AND CLAPPING
- Keywords: COVID-19 coronavirus health workers tribute hospital
- Reuters ID: LVA005C9BR03R
- Location: LEGANES, SPAIN
- City: LEGANES, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:01:33
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine,Editors' Choice
- Story Text: Dozens of health workers paid tribute on Monday (April 13) to a colleague who passed away from coronavirus in Madrid.
The staff of the Severo Ochoa hospital gathered outside the building fought back tears and applauded as a tribute to a 57-year-old surgical nurse who died on Friday (April 10) after becoming infected with the virus.
He was the third confirmed medical worker who passed away from coronavirus in Madrid.
After a month of lockdown, health workers remarked the "desperation" they are feeling as the physical and mental stress keeps on with thousands of patients with the virus.
Spain's cumulative death toll from the coronavirus rose to 17,489 on Monday, up 517 from 16,972 on Sunday (April 12), the Health Ministry said. Confirmed cases totalled 169,496, up from 166,019 the previous day.
(Production: Michael Gore, Elena Rodriguez, Silvio Castellanos)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:27th April 2020 13:06
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None