- Title: Health staff pay tribute to collegue who passed away from coronavirus in Madrid
- Date: 13th April 2020
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (APRIL 13, 2020) (REUTERS) WIFE OF ESTEBAN, NURSE WHO PASSED AWAY FROM CORONAVIRUS, THANKING THE TRIBUTE AND EMBRACING COLLEAGUES WITH HIS SON HEALTH STAFF HOLDING A BANNER READING (Spanish) "ALWAYS IN OUR MEMORY ESTEBAN" WOMAN WEARING MASK AND BLACK RIBBON VARIOUS OF HEALTH STAFF HOLDING BANNER READING (Spanish) "ALWAYS IN OUR MEMORY ESTEBAN" IN FRONT OF SEVERO OCHOA HOSPITAL WIFE AND SON OF ESTEBAN DURING TRIBUTE
- Keywords: COVID-19 coronavirus health workers tribute hospital
- Reuters ID: LVA001C9BR03R
- Location: LEGANES, SPAIN
- City: LEGANES, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:00:34
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine,Editors' Choice
- Story Text: Dozens of health workers paid tribute on Monday (April 13) to a colleague who passed away from coronavirus in Madrid.
The staff of the Severo Ochoa hospital gathered outside the building fought back tears and applauded as a tribute to a 57-year-old surgical nurse who died on Friday (April 10) after becoming infected with the virus.
He was the third confirmed medical worker who passed away from coronavirus in Madrid.
After a month of lockdown, health workers remarked the "desperation" they are feeling as the physical and mental stress keeps on with thousands of patients with the virus.
Spain's cumulative death toll from the coronavirus rose to 17,489 on Monday, up 517 from 16,972 on Sunday (April 12), the Health Ministry said. Confirmed cases totalled 169,496, up from 166,019 the previous day.
(Production: Michael Gore, Elena Rodriguez, Silvio Castellanos)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Embargoed:27th April 2020 13:06
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None