- Title: BRAZIL: Gisele Bundchen hits the catwalk for Sao Paulo fashion week
- Date: 26th June 2008
- Summary: SUPERMODEL GISELE BUNDCHEN ARRIVING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE VARIOUS OF SUPERMODEL GISELE BUNDCHEN DURING NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) BRAZILIAN SUPERMODEL GISELE BUNDCHEN, SAYING: "I'm not doing any parades out of Brazil any longer. As she said (referring to reporter's comment), I only do certain parades, for example, Dior's, my friend John (Galliano) completed ten years of Dior. I think that my coming back to Brazil is also a way to bring international attention back to Sao Paulo Fashion Week." SUPERMODEL GISELE BUNDCHEN POSING FOR PHOTO NEXT TO COLCCI DESIGNER JESSICA LENGYEL
- Embargoed: 11th July 2008 16:05
- Location: Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVACG2ES1ML5ACV66DSOPYLN7YFW
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Story Text: Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen is the star of the show as Sao Paulo Fashion Week winds down.
After four years of absence from Sao Paulo's catwalks, top model Gisele Bundchen closed Sunday's (June 22) fashion shows in Brazil's business capital, With only two entrances on the runway, the world's top-earning model kept her head low and avoided her usual smile during a parade for brand Colcci.
In her first appearance Bundchen wore tight jeans and a short top and later a colorful tank with tie-dye bell-bottom trousers.
Her fans packed the outside of the fashion arena to get a snapshot or simply a quick glance at the Brazilian beauty.
In a news conference after the parade, Bundchen told reporters her presence in Sao Paulo's fashion week was designed to help promote Brazilian designers.
"I'm not doing any parades out of Brazil any longer. As she said (referring to reporter's comment), I only do certain parades, for example, Dior's, my friend John (Galliano) completed ten years of Dior. I think that my coming back to Brazil, is also a way to bring international attention back to Sao Paulo Fashion Week," she said, surrounded by some 300 journalists and camera crews.
The 27-year-old began modeling in Sao Paulo's event when she was only 14 and said she was happy to see how Brazilian fashion developed since then.
But the highly anticipated parade disappointed most fashion experts, who criticized Bundchen's performance and designer Jessica Lengyel's creations.
According to a new ranking released by Forbes magazine in April, the Brazilian supermodel had estimated earnings of $35 million during the past year, granting her the first spot on the list.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None