- Title: GERMANY: Light snow falls in parts of Germany as temperatures drop further
- Date: 18th December 2009
- Summary: HOUSES SEEN IN DISTANCE BETWEEN SNOW COVERED TREES
- Embargoed: 3rd January 2010 18:08
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Weather
- Reuters ID: LVABXQRSVNOHO7RH6TBRU9YEE60B
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Story Text: Snow falls in different parts of Germany as meteorologists predict falling temperatures and more snow for the weekend.
Residents in Berlin and Germany's financial capital Frankfurt saw new snowfall on Wednesday (December 16) as meteorologists predicted falling temperatures and more snow for the weekend.
Light snowfall in Berlin late in the morning added a touch of Christmas to the tree set up near the city's landmark, Brandenburg Gate while some motorists struggled with slippery roads.
On the Feldberg mountain outside Frankfurt, children enjoyed a ride on their sleds as older people went for a hike through the snow covered landscape overlooking the city.
Meteorologist Andreas Friedrich of Germany's weather service Deutscher Wetterdienst told Reuters Television that for the coming days, "it remains wintry and will get even colder, especially in the east of Germany where temperatures will fall all the way to fifteen below zero on Friday and Saturday."
"At the weekend," Friedrich said, "there will probably be new snow."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None