- Title: Palestinians bury teen killed by Israeli soldiers in a West Bank raid
- Date: 13th May 2020
- Summary: AL FAWAR, WEST BANK (MAY 13, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PALESTINIANS CARRYING BODY DURING FUNERAL PROCESSION FOR A 15-YEAR-OLD TEEN WHO WAS KILLED BY ISRAELI FORCES DURING AN OVERNIGHT RAID VARIOUS OF PALESTINIANS WAVING PALESTINIAN FLAGS AND CHANTING FOR REVENGE DURING FUNERAL (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) RESIDENT OF AL FAWAR REFUGEE CAMP, KHALED ISSA, SAYING: "The occupation doesn't need an excuse to raid the Palestinian areas, camps, villages and cities. The Language of the occupation is always blood, killings and displacement. The people are fighting the invisible enemy, coronavirus, while the occupation is moving deep in killing, confiscating lands and settlement." AMBULANCE CARRYING BODY OF TEEN KILLED BY ISRAELI FORCES DRIVING THROUGH ISRAELI CHECKPOINT VARIOUS OF ISRAELI SOLDIERS AT CHECKPOINT WOMEN MOURNING KILLED TEEN
- Embargoed: 27th May 2020 09:27
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians West Bank soldiers teen violence
- Location: AL FAWAR, WEST BANK
- City: AL FAWAR, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001CDRKJT3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinians held funeral procession on Wednesday (May 13) for a teen killed by Israeli soldiers in Al Fawar refugee camp in the occupied West Bank.
Early on Wednesday, Israeli forces killed the teenager during a raid near the West Bank city of Hebron, the Palestinian Health Ministry said.
The Israeli military said soldiers responded with live fire and "riot dispersal means" after Palestinians threw rocks and firebombs at them during an arrest operation and that one soldier was slightly wounded.
The incident happened hours before the arrival of U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to Israel.
A day earlier, a Palestinian stone-thrower killed an Israeli soldier who was taking part in an arrest raid near Jenin city.
(Production: Yosri Al-Jamal, Mohammad Abu Ganeyeh, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None