- Title: French contact-tracing "StopCovid" app uninstalled by 1 out of 4 users
- Date: 23rd June 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (RECENT - JUNE 3, 2020) (REUTERS) SCREEN SHOWING HOW TO ACTIVATION OF STOP COVID-19 APP WOMAN USING PHONE APP
- Embargoed: 7th July 2020 13:55
- Keywords: COVID-19 Stopcovid conact-tracing coronavirus epidemic mobile application pandemic
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA003CJLD553
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: France's state-supported "StopCovid" contact-tracing app has been downloaded by 1.9 million people, 2,7% of the population, leading to 1.8 million activations as of June 22, digital affairs minister Cedric O said on Tuesday (June 23).
The "StopCovid" smartphone app, which was launched on June 2, warns users if they have come into contact with anyone infected with the coronavirus to help contain the epidemic as France emerges from lockdown.
The German equivalent application, called 'Corona-Warn-App', has been downloaded on 9.6 million smartphones, according to numbers given last week by authorities.
Cedric O added however that tens of thousands of French users were getting rid of the app every day, saying it could be explained by people being less afraid of contracting COVID-19.
O also said he had been surprised that only 14 people had received notifications for having been in contact with COVID-19 carriers, but that "it's possible that the number of notifications are logical."
(Production: Lucien Libert)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains computer game or software screenshots. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.