- Title: Sunny weather, no tourists: Parisians have city to themselves in summer
- Date: 24th June 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 24, 2020) (REUTERS) LEGS OF SUNBATHER, IN GRASS SUN PEOPLE WALKING IN GRASS NEAR EIFFEL TOWER WOMAN SUNBATHING PEOPLE HAVING PICNIC ON GRASS UNDER SHADE PEOPLE SITTING ON BENCHES PEOPLE HAVING PICNIC ON GRASS EIFFEL TOWER / RIVER SEINE WOMEN SITTING AT FOUNTAIN WOMAN SUNBATHING (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARISIAN, PAULINE COURTEL, SAYING: "I want to make the most out of being outside, not being stuck in my flat - have picnics, breathe fresh air, enjoy it all." VARIOUS OF RIVER SEINE PARISIANS AT RESTAURANT TERRACE PARISIAN ERIC MARCHAND AND COMPANION SITTING AT TERRACE (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARISIAN, ERIC MARCHAND, SAYING: "We had sun during the lockdown but what was missing was the space and here, we have it. Also it's not over-populated by tourists so we can enjoy the space and enjoy it fully." PEOPLE CYCLING ON RIVERBANK VARIOUS PARISIAN FABRICE JEAN AND HIS COLLEAGUE AURELIE LEBLANC HAVING LUNCH BREAK ON RIVERBANK (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARISIAN, FABRICE JEAN, SAYING: "I came for a picnic with my colleague, we wanted to have lunch together so we decided to come on the riverbank, because with the lockdown, work, it had been quite a while since we came to the riverbanks and it's nice weather today and Paris under the sun on the riverbanks, the beautiful view, it's very nice." (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARISIAN, AURELIE LEBLANC, SAYING: "It's much nicer with the sun, there's loads to do at the moment, picnics -- going for drinks, going for a run or a bicycle ride -- it's quite pleasant. And also enjoy the monuments, I was at the Louvre Museum yesterday and there was no one, it's was really cool." COLLEAGUES NEAR RIVERBANK
- Embargoed: 8th July 2020 15:40
- Keywords: COVID-19 Paris coronavirus heat parisians sun weahter
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA001CJQD7BT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The summer after Paris's lockdown, is a summer for Parisians, who enjoyed sunny weather on Wednesday (June 24), having the city to themselves in the absence of tourists.
Temperatures rose above 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) in Paris on Wednesday, enticing Parisians to relax in parks and have a picnic on the banks of the River Seine.
France is gradually coming out of lockdown, with restaurants, cinemas and museums slowly opening up.
International tourists have not yet returned, with flights still limited, leaving the capital much quieter than usual in the summer season.
(Production: Clotaire Achi, Melodie Sforza, Lucien Libert)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None