- Title: Floods inundate villages, hits normal life northeastern India
- Date: 27th June 2020
- Summary: TINSUKIA, ASSAM, INDIA (JUNE 27, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF WATERLOGGED RESIDENTIAL AREA IN VILLAGE MAN WALKING IN THIGH-DEEP WATER NEAR HIS HOUSE PAN VIEW OF WATERLOGGED AREA VARIOUS OF RAINFALL IN WATERLOGGED AREA NEAR HUTS IN DILAPIDATED CONDITION PEOPLE IN THEIR HOUSES AS COURTYARD IS FILLED WITH RAINWATER WATERLOGGING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) TINSUKIA LOCAL, SAYING: "It rained pretty heavily, day and night. It did not stop even a single day and our whole village has submerged in water, but the government has not come to help us." DIBRUGARH, ASSAM, INDIA (JUNE 26, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF PARTIALLY SUBMERGED HUTS IN WATERLOGGED AREA VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKING NEAR THEIR HUTS IN KNEE-DEEP WATER PARTIALLY SUBMERGED WATER PUMP WOMAN GOING INSIDE HER HOUSE SUBMERGED IN ANKLE-DEEP WATER WATERLOGGING INSIDE HUT WITH PARTIALLY SUBMERGED FURNITURE VARIOUS OF WATERLOGGING IN RESIDENTIAL AREA PEOPLE ROWING BOATS ON WATERLOGGED ROAD AS HOUSES, SHOPS, AND VEHICLES CAN BE SEEN PARTIALLY SUBMERGED POLICE VEHICLE DRIVING THROUGH WATERLOGGED ROAD
- Embargoed: 11th July 2020 13:31
- Keywords: Assam Dibrugarh Floods India Tinsukia monsoon northeastern rain water level
- Location: DIBRUGARH, TINSUKIA, ASSAM, INDIA
- City: DIBRUGARH, TINSUKIA, ASSAM, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Floods
- Reuters ID: LVA001CK5A827
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Floods in India's northeastern Assam state has submerged villages and hit normal life as heavy rains and overflowing rivers have damaged houses and property of the residents.
Assam state has been pummeled by heavy rains, which caused floods that have reportedly killed 15 people. Flood-hit victims waded through water in Tinsukia and Dibrugarh districts of the state as they stepped out on Saturday (June 27) to carry out their daily activities. Residential areas were seen flooded with water entering houses.
Locals in Tinsukia said the government has not been able to rescue them or provide any aid to them.
The monsoon brings heavy rains to South Asia between June and October, often triggering floods later in the season.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None