- Title: Sweden basks in heatwave
- Date: 25th June 2020
- Summary: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (JUNE 25, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF QUAY PEOPLE SEATED BY THE WATER AND EATING ICE CREAM PEOPLE WALKING PAST ICE CREAM ADVERTISEMENT ICE CREAM ADVERTISEMENT WOMAN BUYING ICE CREAM ICE CREAM KIOSK ASSISTANT GETTING ICE CREAM FROM REFRIGERATOR AND HANDING IT TO CUSTOMER PEOPLE WALKING ALONG WATERFRONT VARIOUS OF PEOPLE BOARDING BOAT VARIOUS OF PEOPLE ON BOAT BOAT LEAVING MOORING WOMEN SEATED AND TALKING BOAT HEADING OUT TO SEA PEOPLE ON BEACH, PEOPLE SWIMMING IN THE BACKGROUND VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SWIMMING IN SEA AND MOTORBOAT IN THE BACKGROUND SUN CHILDREN PLAYING ON ROCK IN WATER VARIOUS OF GIRL EATING ICE CREAM ON BEACH VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SUNBATHING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SWIMMING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SUNBATHING ON ROCKS ON OTHER SIDE OF THE WATER MAN SUNBATHING PEOPLE UNDER THE SHADOW OF TREE AND PEOPLE SUNBATHING IN THE BACKGROUND PEOPLE ON THE BEACH VARIOUS OF SAIL BOAT SEA
- Embargoed: 9th July 2020 16:18
- Keywords: Stockholm Sweden Weather beach high temperatures people swimming summer sun sun bathing
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- City: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA001CJVD6BR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Swedes enjoyed temperatures above 30 degrees in Stockholm on Thursday (June 25), as a spell of warm weather in the country continues.
Locals enjoyed boat tours and consumed ice cream by the capital's harbour while others made the most of the beaches along Stockholm's coastline.
According to the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI), a high pressure system with hot air has been covering most of the country.
On Wednesday (June 24), some weather stations in northern Sweden measured their hottest June day in over 30 years.
Normal summer temperatures will return next week, according to the SMHI.
(Production: Philip O'Connor, Ilze Filks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None