- Title: Paris Musee D'Orsay reopens to a masked public, expects loss in revenue
- Date: 23rd June 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JUNE 23, 2020) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF THE MUSEE D'ORSAY VARIOUS OF VISITORS VISITING ORSAY MUSEUM AND EXHIBITION ABOUT JAMES TISSOT PEOPLE VISITING THE EXHIBITION PEOPLE WATCHING IMPRESSIONISTS PAINTINGS VARIOUS OF CLAUDE MONET PAINTING VARIOUS OF VAN GOGH SELF-PORTRAIT VARIOUS OF RENOIR PAINTING (SOUNDBITE) (French) FRENCH MINISTER OF CULTURE, FRANCK RIESTER, SAYING: â€œThere is an enormous need for culture. Yesterday we re-opened cinemas, today Musee d'Orsay re-opening it is a great symbol and there is a great need and expectations from the French public, who found culture useful to hold onto during the lockdown. But now they want to live more physically than through a computer.â€
- Embargoed: 7th July 2020 15:35
- Keywords: COVID-19 Musee d'Orsay Paris museum
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Art,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001CJLCUVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Following more than three months of closure, Musee d'Orsay, considered to have one of the world's best collection of Impressionist art, re-opened to public on Tuesday (June 23) after the COVID-19 lockdown.
There were new rules in place: visitors had to wear masks at all times inside the museum and online reservation is mandatory.
Usually the museum can host 15,000 people during summer per day but this year, the figure will only reach 5,000 maximum per day this summer, to make sure social distancing is in place.
The museum expects a financial loss from the drop in tickets sold, as 70 percent of visitors are usually tourists from overseas.
(Production: Clotaire Achi, Emilie Delwarde)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None