- Title: India, Pakistan continue traditional beating retreat amid coronavirus concerns
- Date: 28th June 2020
- Summary: BORDER GATE BSF MEN TAKING FOLDED FLAG
- Embargoed: 12th July 2020 08:51
- Keywords: Attari Border Beating Retreat Border Security Force Coronavirus India Pakistan Wagah Border lockdown tradition
- Location: ATTARI, PUNJAB, INDIA
- City: ATTARI, PUNJAB, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA003CKAA72N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: As both India and Pakistan face severe coronavirus crisis, the traditional beating the retreat ceremony continues in its full swing, albeit with empty spectators stands, amid coronavirus concerns.
Spectators were barred from witnessing the visual spectacle that happens every day for the last 60 years, after the management at the border on both sides said they couldn't ensure physical distancing if such huge crowds.
However, even without the spectators and the hyper-enthusiastic cheers, the tradition goes on. A cacophony of patriotic slogans and cheering is witnessed regularly when the ceremony is conducted every evening at Wagah in Amritsar district.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None