- Title: Man City will give Liverpool guard of honour, says Guardiola
- Date: 28th June 2020
- Summary: LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JUNE 25, 2020) (REUTERS) FANS LIFTING UP REPLICA PREMIER LEAGUE TROPHY VARIOUS OF FANS CHANTING LIVERPOOL FLAG, FIREWORKS FANS CHANTING WOMAN WAVING LIT FLARE VARIOUS OF FANS OUTSIDE KOP-END SIDE OF ANFIELD
- Embargoed: 12th July 2020 14:04
- Keywords: Juergen Klopp Liverpool Manchester City Pep Guardiola Premier League guard of honour
- Location: VARIOUS, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: VARIOUS, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00ACKAB3GF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manchester City will give newly crowned Premier League champions Liverpool a guard of honour when the teams meet at the Etihad Stadium on Thursday (July 2), manager Pep Guardiola has said.
Liverpool ended their 30-year wait for a top-flight title when last season's champions City were beaten 2-1 by Chelsea last week, handing the Merseyside club an unassailable 23-point lead at the top of the table.
Liverpool's first match since being confirmed as champions is at City's stadium and Guardiola said his players would pay tribute to Juergen Klopp's title-winning side.
Guardiola's team received the same honour from Swansea City when they won the league in 2018.
The 49-year-old added that he was already looking forward to helping City come back stronger next season.
(Production: Tim Hart)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None