- Title: Malls open in satellite cities of India capital despite rising coronavirus cases
- Date: 1st July 2020
- Summary: GURUGRAM, HARYANA, INDIA (JULY 1, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) EXTERIOR OF MALL/SIGNBOARD READING (English): 'WELCOME TO MGF METROPOLITAN MALL' SECURITY GUARD CHECKING TEMPERATURE OF MAN ENTERING MALL USING THERMAL GUN SECURITY GUARD SPRAYING SANITIZER ON BAG BEING HELD BY MAN MARKS AND STICKERS ON GROUND TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING VISITORS ON ESCALATOR STAFF CLEANING GLASS OF SHOP CUSTOMERS AT SHOP INTERIOR OF MALL FOOD COURT FOOD OUTLET MARK ON BENCH TO PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) SECURITY OFFICER, MALL MANAGEMENT, R.S. PHOGAT, SAYING: "We are adhering to the SOP (Standard operating procedure) issued by the governmentâ€¦ we are following all rules and regulations. We have given guidelines to the shopsâ€¦ we are looking after cleanliness and ensuring social distancing. Visitors will have to wear face masks and hand gloves. PPE (Personal protective equipmet) kits will be issued to the mall staffs. We will make sure that the customers practice social distancing, as per the SOP." FARIDABAD, HARYANA, INDIA (JULY 1, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) EXTERIOR OF MALL SIGNBOARDS VARIOUS OF SECURITY GUARD CHECKING TEMPERATURE OF VISITORS USING THERMAL GUN INTERIOR OF MALL MEN STICKING STICKERS ON GROUND FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING POSTER READING INFORMATION TO PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING VISITORS AT SHOP CUSTOMER TALKING ON PHONE AT BILLING COUNTER (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) VISITOR, SAHIL, SAYING: "I am feeling very nice as the mall has opened after so many days. We were sitting at our homes and getting bored from a long time, now as the offices and malls have opened, I am feeling very good." STAFF WEARING FACE SHIELD STANDING VARIOUS OF VISITORS AT MALL INTERIOR OF SHOP
- Embargoed: 15th July 2020 13:40
- Keywords: Faridabad Gurugram Haryana India Narendra Modi coronavirus lockdown malls unlock 2.0
- Location: GURUGRAM, FARIDABAD, HARYANA, INDIA
- City: GURUGRAM, FARIDABAD, HARYANA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CKZ91SF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Visitors trickled into malls in satellite cities of New Delhi on Wednesday (July 1) as the federal government eased restrictions on public places during the second phase of the reopening of the months-long coronavirus lockdown.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government is slowly restarting economic activities as it threw open shopping malls in a bid to get the economy back up after a lockdown imposed in March left millions without work.
The government ordered shopping malls to open under a set of guidelines meant to prevent a further surge of infections in the world's second-most-populous country.
Customers visited the malls in Faridabad and Gurugram cities in northern Haryana state wearing masks and went through thermal scanners as precautionary measure.
"We are adhering to the SOP (Standard operating procedure) issued by the governmentâ€¦ we are following all rules and regulations," said security officer, mall management, R.S. Phogat.
With 5,85,493 cases and 17,400 deaths, India is one of the worst affected countries in the world.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None