- Title: NHS workers hold vigil to mark organisation's 72nd anniversary
- Date: 3rd July 2020
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 3, 2020) (REUTERS) NHS WORKERS LIGHTING CANDLES AHEAD OF VIGIL VARIOUS OF NHS WORKERS HOLDING UP LANTERNS OUTSIDE HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF NHS WORKERS MARCHING ACROSS WESTMINSTER BRIDGE SIGN READING DOWNING STREET / NHS WORKER HOLDING LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED OF COVID 19 VARIOUS OF NHS WORKER READING OUT NAMES OF DEAD LANTERNS ON FLOOR VARIOUS OF NHS WORKERS BLOWING OUT CANDLES
- Embargoed: 17th July 2020 23:08
- Keywords: 72 year anniversary Downing Street NHS british health workers candle vigil coronavirus
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CL9BMMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A group of British health workers held a candle lit vigil outside Downing Street on Friday evening (July 3) to mark the 72 year anniversary of the country's national health service.
The demonstration was also held in response to the governmentâ€™s handling of the Coronavirus.
Sixty health workers and campaigners marched across Westminster dressed in scrubs each holding a lantern to represent a thousand COVID-19 deaths.
At Downing Street, they read out some of the names of the victims of the virus before extinguishing their candles.
(Production: Will Russell)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None