- Title: India PM offers prayers near China border region
- Date: 4th July 2020
- Summary: NIMU, LADAKH, INDIA (JULY 3, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (MUTE) INDIAN PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI WALKING ALONG WITH ARMY OFFICIALS FLAG FLUTTERING MODI AND ARMY OFFICIALS WALKING DOWN STAIRS VIEW OF INDUS RIVER NIMU, LADAKH, INDIA (JULY 3, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) MODI PERFORMING RITUALS AS PRIEST CHANTS PRAYERS COCONUT BEING THROWN IN RIVER MODI PERFORMING RITUAL WHILE OFFERING PRAYERS MODI OFFERING FLOWER PETALS TO RIVER FLOWER PETALS FLOATING IN RIVER/MODI OFFERING FLOWER PETALS FLOWER PETALS FLOATING IN RIVER MODI PERFORMING RITUAL FLOWER PETALS FLOATING IN RIVER
- Embargoed: 18th July 2020 08:45
- Keywords: China India Indus River Narendra Modi border clash prayers soldiers killed
- Location: NIMA, LADAKH, INDIA
- City: NIMA, LADAKH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLE758N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Prime Minister Narendra Modi offered prayers at the Indus River on Friday (July 3) as he visited the northern border region where India and China troops are locked in a stand off.
The 'Sindhu Darshan puja' was performed at Nimu. This is Modi's first visit to the region since 20 Indian soldiers were killed in clashes at border with Chinese troops in June.
During his visit to the area, Modi addressed security personnel, met wounded soldiers who were injured during the violent clashes and visited the Hall of Fame war memorial to pay tributes to the fallen soldiers.
India and China have traded blame for triggering the high-altitude brawl in the Galwan Valley on June 15.
The nuclear-armed neighbors have amassed troops along the border, most of which remains disputed, and military and diplomatic talks are going on to de-escalate the confrontation.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None