- Title: Protesters clash in DC ahead of July 4 fireworks
- Date: 5th July 2020
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., USA (JULY 4, 2020) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ***WARNING: CONTAINS PROFANITY*** VARIOUS OF BLACK LIVES MATTER RALLY PARTICIPANTS BEING CONFRONTED BY U.S. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTERS TRUMP BANNER BEING TORN/ RALLY PARTICIPANTS AND TRUMP SUPPORTERS SCUFFLING MORE OF CONFRONTATION PEOPLE HOLDING BANNERS POLICE CAR/MORE OF CONFRONTATION TWO WOMEN ARGUING TRUMP SUPPORTERS GATHERED AROUND POLICE CAR SHOUTING "USA, USA" MORE OF CROWD TRUMP SUPPORTERS SHOUTING "USA, USA" AND "FOUR MORE YEARS" MORE OF CROWD, VOICES SHOUTING "BLACK LIVES MATTER" FIRE WORKS SHOWING "USA"
- Embargoed: 19th July 2020 02:44
- Keywords: 2020 BLM Black Lives Matter Independence Day July 4th MAGA National Mall Trump fireworks
- Location: WASHINGTON, DC, USA
- City: WASHINGTON, DC, USA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLE8Y13
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDIT CONTAINS PROFANITY
Hundreds of Black Lives Matter demonstrators and supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump scuffled in Washington, D.C. on Saturday (July 4) ahead of Fourth of July celebrations.
Protests against racism and police brutality were planned across the country and Black Lives Matters protesters had organized marches in memory of George Floyd, a Black man who died while in Minnesota police custody in May as the United States prepared to mark the celebration of the country's independence.
Trump on Saturday vowed to defeat the "radical left," in an Independence Day speech at the White House that condemned recent protests against monuments to historical figures as attempts to destroy the United States.
(Production: Greg Savoy)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None