- Title: San Diego beaches remain open and packed
- Date: 4th July 2020
- Summary: SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (JULY 3, 2020) (REUTERS) (MUTE) VARIOUS DRONE AERIALS OF BEACH
- Embargoed: 18th July 2020 09:37
- Keywords: California San Diego beach coronavirus/ COIVD-19 crowds social distance
- Location: SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA002CLE7TQF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Crowds flocked to beaches in San Diego on Friday (July 3), among the few stretches of coast in Southern California that have not been closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Despite recommendations for social distancing, the beaches were busy - and are expected to be even more crowded on July 04 for the U.S. Independence Day holiday.
A second wave of COVID-19 forced governor Gavin Newsom to backtrack some of the state's reopenings, including the beaches of Los Angeles and Ventura counties further north.
At least 248,000 people in California have tested positive for the virus, and more than 6,200 have died.
(Production: Bob Mezan)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None