- Title: Fire at India candle factory kills at least seven
- Date: 5th July 2020
- Summary: GHAZIABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (JULY 05, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) POLICEMEN STANDING ON TOP OF DEBRIS PEOPLE LOOKING ON POLICEMEN INSPECTING THE CANDLY FACTORY VARIOUS OF CHARRED CANDLES AND DEBRIS POLICEMEN LOOKING ON POLICEMEN AND LOOKING AT THE CANDLE FACTORY BRICKS AND CHARRED CANDLES PEOPLE GATHERED ON ROOF OF A BUILDING VARIOUS OF PEOPLE GATHERED NEAR AMBULANCE (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) INSPECTOR AT INDIA'S NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE, MAANK, SAYING: "We got to know through the villagers that an explosion took place in this candle factory. We were told that seven bodies were taken out from here, including six women and a man. Some said a child also died." AMBULANCE LEAVING PEOPLE SURROUNDING VAN
- Embargoed: 19th July 2020 16:50
- Keywords: Ghaziabad India candle factory dead explosion fire
- Location: GHAZIABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- City: GHAZIABAD, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLJ8I1B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: At least seven people were dead after fire broke out at a candle factory in India's northern Ghaziabad city on Sunday (July 5).
The fire took place in Modi Nagar area and reportedly the factory that made sparkling candles was loaded with inflammatory material. Fire tenders and ambulances were rushed in to the area to carry out rescue operations.
The state government has announced an ex-gratia amount of $5,356 for the dead that included six women.
The reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None