- Title: Rapper Post Malone turns 25
- Date: 3rd July 2020
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - OCTOBER 9, 2018) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) ***WARNING:CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** AMERICAN RAPPER POST MALONE ARRIVING AT THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS WITH DRINK IN HAND
- Embargoed: 17th July 2020 11:51
- Keywords: 25th birthday Austin Richard Post July 4 Post Malone rapper
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001CL97YOD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Post Malone turns 25 on Saturday (July 4).
Born Austin Richard Post in Syracuse, New York, United States in 1995, the rapper, singer-songwriter and record producer is known for his introspective songs and fusing the musical genres of country, grunge, hip-hop and R&B.
The rapper has had two No. 1 hits with "Psycho" in 2017 and "Rockstar" in 2018 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
2018 was a big year for Post who scooped both the Billboard Music Award for top rap song and the MTV Video Music Award for song of the year for "Rockstar" that features Atlanta-based rapper 21 Savage.
Post was also crowned favourite male artist at the American Music Awards in the same year.
In May 2018, streaming service Spotify said his sophomore album "Beerbongs & Bentleys" had broken the first-week streaming record, with more than 236 million streams in the United States and more than 411 million worldwide.
The album won the American Music Award for favourite rap/hip-hop album in 2018, as well as the Juno award for international album of the year in 2019.
Post Malone is back on tour in 2021, according to his official website, playing Miami Gardens, Florida on Valentine's Day (February 14) and in the Netherlands and the UK in June.
(Production: Lisa Giles-Keddie)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None