- Title: Margot Robbie turns 30
- Date: 1st July 2020
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JANUARY 21, 2018) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ROBBIE ON CARPET AT SAG AWARDS
- Embargoed: 15th July 2020 17:06
- Keywords: About Time Birds of Prey Bombshell Focus I Tonya Leonardo DiCaprio Margot Robbie Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood Quentin Tarantino The Wolf on Wall Street
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA009CKZCG99
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Margot Robbie turns 30 on Thursday (July 2).
The Australian actress was born Margot Elise Robbie in Dalby on the Gold Coast, Queensland in 1990 to Scottish parents.
She first rose to fame in Australian television soap opera "Neighbours" playing teenager Donna Freedman, which she was nominated for two Australian television Logie awards.
On moving to the States to pursue her acting career, Robbie landed a part in short-lived ABC series "Pan Am", before making her big screen debut in Richard Curtis's time-travelling comedy drama "About Time".
Robbie exploded onto screens as Naomi Lapaglia, the long-suffering spouse of charismatic stockbroker Jordan Belfont, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, in Martin Scorsese's 2013 Oscar-nominated "The Wolf of Wall Street". Based on Belfont's high-stakes, real-life story, it involved crime, corruption, drugs, the federal government and a seductive bedroom scene involving Naomi and Jordan.
The Australian actress has been nominated for an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a BAFTA for gritty female-led dramas "I, Tonya" (2017) and "Bombshell" (2019).
In the first film Robbie portrays real-life character Tonya Harding, a U.S. Olympic ice skater who falls from grace in the public eye. In the second, the actress plays fictional Fox employee Kayla Pospisil who joins forces with a pair of real-life, high-profile female TV presenters and journalists, Megyn Kelly (Charlize Theron) and Gretchen Carlson (Nicole Kidman), who accused their CEO Roger Ailes (John Lithgow) of sexual harassment.
Robbie has also been BAFTA nominated for her roles as Britain's Queen Elizabeth I in "Mary, Queen of Scots" (2018), opposite Saoirse Ronan as Mary Stuart, and more recently as actress Sharon Tate in Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood", opposite DiCaprio and Brad Pitt. Tate was killed by members of the Manson family in 1969, the year Tarantino's film is set.
Robbie is also known for her role as super-villain Harley Quinn in "Suicide Squad", based on comic books by DC Comics.
(Production: Lisa Giles-Keddie)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None