- Title: Sand,surf and social distance: Jersey Shore beaches reopen
- Date: 6th July 2020
- Summary: JERSEY SHORE BEACH, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES (JULY 5, 2020) (ORIGINALLY SHOT IN PORTRAIT) (VIDEO OBTAINED BY REUTERS ) PEOPLE SITTING ON BUSY, BUT SPACED OUT, BEACH PEOPLE SWIMMING AND PADDLING IN SEA
- Embargoed: 20th July 2020 13:41
- Keywords: COVID-19 Jersey Shore Lockdown lifted New Jersey beach coronavirus
- Location: JERSEY SHORE BEACH, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES
- City: JERSEY SHORE BEACH, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLO8SAT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Video uploaded to social media on Sunday (July 5) showed a Jersey Shore beach full as people enjoyed the sun, sand and surf.
The beach was opened to the public on July 1, following lockdown.
New Jersey was one the hardest hit states by coronavirus.
The shore towns that dot the state's 130-mile (209 km) coast between the lighthouses at Sandy Hook and Cape May rely on summer season to generate much-needed revenue for the region.
New Jersey's oceanfront and boardwalks were the setting for the reality TV show "Jersey Shore" and the 1920s gangster series Boardwalk Empire, and have received worldwide notice in several songs recorded by Springsteen, a native son who referenced many of its landmarks in his songbook.
(Production: Matt Stock, Martin Veal)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None