- Title: Indian man dons pure gold face mask bling
- Date: 6th July 2020
- Summary: PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (JULY 3, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) OWNER OF GOLD FACE MASK, SHANKAR KURHADE, WALKING TO DOORWAY OF HOUSE IN GOLD FACE MASK/ GOLD BRACELETS AND RINGS ON KURHADE'S HANDS KURDHADE IN GOLD FACE MASK WALKING KURHADE IN GOLD FACE MASK STANDING WITH MEN KURHADE IN GOLD FACE MASK SPEAKING KURHADE IN GOLD FACE MASK CHATTING WITH MEN (SOUNDBITE) (Marathi) OWNER OF GOLD FACE MASK, SHANKAR KURHADE, SAYING: "I asked the jeweller over the phone about the gold mask and he said he can make it. He made it in eight days." REPORTER ASKING: "HOW DO YOU BREATHE WEARING THIS MASK?" KURHADE: "For that, he has made these small holes and through these holes, I can breathe properly." KURHADE WALKING TOWARDS SOFA AND TAKING SEAT JEWELLERY ON KURHADE'S HANDS/ KURHADE SITTING
- Embargoed: 20th July 2020 12:06
- Keywords: COVID-19 India coronavirus face mask gold outbreak prevention
- Location: PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- City: PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLO6XQF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: QUALITY AS INCOMING
A man in India's western Maharashtra state is weathering the pandemic in style -- by wearing a face mask made of pure gold.
Shankar Kurhade told local Indian media that his mask weighs 50 grams (1.7 ounces) total, and cost around $3,870 to have it made for him by a jeweller.
He claimed it will protect him from the new coronavirus, and that small punctures in the mask allow him to "breathe properly".
Maharashtra, one of India's hardest-hit states, has reported around 2,00,000 COVID-19 cases and 8,671 deaths as of Monday (July 6), according to local media.
(Production: Joseph Campbell)
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None