- Title: French ministers join for first cabinet meeting with Macron post-reshuffle
- Date: 7th July 2020
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JULY 7, 2020) (AGENCY POOL) FRENCH AND EUROPEAN FLAGS FLYING OUTSIDE ELYSEE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE EXTERIOR OF ELYSEE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE
- Embargoed: 21st July 2020 15:07
- Keywords: French ministers Macron cabinet meeting first cabinet reshuffle
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001CLT964N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French ministers arrived for their first cabinet meeting with President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday (July 7) after a reshuffle which he hopes will turn a page and help boost the country's post-coronavirus recovery.
The new government is headed by Prime Minister Jean Castex, a civil servant in charge of the easing of lockdown and local mayor from the south of France.
Many big-hitters from the previous government including the foreign, health and education ministers kept their jobs, and Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire was given a beefed-up portfolio, which now includes control over the budget.
But there were also new faces including Roselyne Bachelot, health minister under Jacques Chirac turned media personality, at the culture ministry and high-profile attorney Eric Dupond-Moretti who took over at the justice ministry.
(Production: Noemie Olive, Johnny Cotton)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None